One of my favorite Pasta dishes is Blackened Cajun Chicken Pasta. It has such a great taste to it and it's not too spicy. Well, not in my opinion anyway! So I have this recipe that I've tried many times now and I have perfected it for my own personal taste (buds).
The ingredients you will need for this recipe are:
- 4 ounces of Penne Pasta (or whatever type of pasta you prefer)
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (slice them up however you want)
- 2 teaspoons Tony Chachere's Cajun seasoning (or Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Seasoning Magic)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 4 Fresh Mushrooms
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Green Onion (sliced)
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Lemon Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese (we're not talking about the containers you use for Spaghetti, although you can top it all off with that if you prefer)
Now that we have our list of ingredients ready let me start explaining what you need to do to get it all cooking.
1. Grab a large pot and throw in some water and a little bit of salt and get it boiling. Once you've got it boiling you will need to add the pasta and cook it for however long the package states (usually around 8-10 minutes), or until al dente. Once it's complete you will need to drain it.
2. While you have your pasta boiling you should add your seasoning to a bowl and then your chicken so that you can coat it all.
3. When you've finished getting the chicken seasoned, it's time to start cooking it. Grab a large skillet and bring it to a medium heat. Add butter and then chicken and saute it for around 5-7 minutes, until it's no longer pink.
4. Add the peppers (chopped), mushrooms (sliced) and green onions to the skillet and cook them for around 3 minutes. Once you've done this, reduce the heat and stir in your heavy cream into the skillet. Now it's time to season your sauce with ground pepper, sea salt, garlic and the basil that you should have ready.
5. Now it's time to get a large bowl to mix in the pasta and the sauce so you can get everything mixed together. You can add your Parmesan cheese now or when you add everything to your plate.
Enjoy! Let me know how the recipe tastes!