In the past, homes have only had one master suite with private baths, walk-in closets and sometimes even an additional sitting area. Typically this is a bigger bedroom. However you might find two master suites can give you and your growing family more flexibility. The bathroom in a modern master suite can have additional amenities like a separate toilet room, a stall shower and even a stand-alone sunken tub with jets.
The Benefits of Having a Master Suite Upstairs
Master suites are most common upstairs and here are the benefits:
• It is more convenient when the master suite is nearer to the children's room as it is easier to reach them when you hear them cry at night.
• When all the bedrooms are on the second floor, you can gather laundry at one time.
• When a master bedroom suite is on the second floor, it is more peaceful with no-one walking above your bedroom
• Going up and down stairs can be a good exercise.
The Benefits of Having a Master Suite Downstairs
Having a master suite downstairs can give a couple flexibility:
• You can move into the downstairs master suite when you find you're not comfortable navigating the stairs.
• A master bedroom suite can accommodate a grandparent or grandparents. It will be great for children having their grandparents nearby, someone who will give them more attention and teach them things you might not remember learning. With a master suite on
the first floor, you can do this without disrupting everyone's bedrooms and routines.
The Benefits of Having Two Master Suites
• Having the additional master suite on the first floor enables you to move downstairs and yet still have the comfort of a larger bedroom
with a private bathroom. You can virtually live on the first floor, leaving the upstairs master bedroom suite for visiting family and friends.
• When you have children who are new parents, it is much better when you have a master suite upstairs so they can enjoy some solitude while the grandchildren have their own rooms to sleep in.
• To provide needed income and companionship, it's more practical to have the other master suite to be rented when one spouse passes.
• Two master suites provide more room to accommodate families and extended families when you have a gathering.
• By adding a second master suite to your home while under construction, you have more choices in the future without having to manage any significant remodeling at a time when you're dealing with other stressful events.
We turn your home remodeling dreams into reality with creative solutions to achieve your goals, both functionally and aesthetically, within your budget using quality products and materials.