Most people believe that living a Healthy Lifestyle and eating healthy foods is either a) Impossible for long-term or b) Crazy. Well, the truth of the matter is that a true Diet isn't about losing weight, it's simply about what you put into your body on a daily basis. Your diet is what you eat to survive, not what you eat to lose weight. So rather than think about the term "diet," as in the "fad diet," let's discuss your daily eating habits and how you can eat healthy enough to lose the fat you want and even eat good tasting foods.
There's always going to be a lot of "tricks" and supplements that you'll hear about, especially when it comes to a Celebrity who probably gets paid to endorse a product. Let's stick to simple, naturaly, eating habits.
If you're looking to lose 'weight' in a healthy fat loss diet, then you need to do the following:
1. Eat lean meats, such as 98% fat free Beef, 99% fat free turkey, etc. This will help you from continuing the fat building process when it comes to eating foods rich in fat, such as Burgers from well known fast food restaurants. If you can find free range, grass fed beef - better! The higher quality you buy, the higher quality your diet will become.
2. Knock out the use of any flavored drinks. We'll get to the 90% rule, but the higher you go, the higher the results. Soda, Beer and other flavored drinks are not healthy for you and cause a lot of fat gains in the majority of people. Yes, even "skinny" people when they start growing older.
3. Eat healthy fats. Avocado's, Fish, Nuts, Oil's, etc. -- they're all good for you in moderation. I love Avocado and have learned that I can eat nearly any type of food with a little avocado in it and it tastes much better. Even cooking up a small bit of Ground Turkey with a little seasoning might seem bland, until you throw in some avocado!
4. Veggies! Yes, any types of greens are going to be healthy for you, especially the leafy kind. I prefer Spinach the most, but to each their own. Eating veggies (fresh, preferably) with lean meats will help your body metabolize the protein in that meat and allow for more use of that protein for your muscles.
5. Eat more often. If you can find a way to eat 5-6 small meals a day, you will turn your body into a fat burning furnace. No joke! Your metabolism will have no other choice than to start burning through calories after every meal.
Follow that advice above and eat healthy for 90% of the time and you'll get a leaner, stronger, healthier body.
Yes, that's all the 90% rule is: eating healthy 90% of the time. This doesn't mean you can go eat Ben & Jerry's after every 10 meals, but it does mean you could go out and have a somewhat healthy meal with the family, or friends.
This isn't a theory, this 90% rule is being used by Athletes, Body Builders and Fitness Models all over the world, as well as millions of healthy individuals. Follow it and watch your body become what you were hoping!