Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome can cause infertility in some women. If you have discussed this with your doctor, he/she should have confirmed this by performing an ultrasound. If drug therapies or surgery does not appeal to you, I will make some suggestions on how to cure PCOS naturally.
PCOS is an endocrine disorder believed to be a genetic disease. It is a hormonal imbalance that causes cysts (fluid-filled sacs) to form on the ovaries. Insulin is the main hormone that is in imbalance in this disease. It has become resistant to your cells to the point your body is unable to use it properly.. This contributes to an excess of insulin be secreted in your system which is the main cause of the hormonal imbalance..
The most common signs and symptoms of PCOS are infertility, obesity, elevated insulin levels, diabetes, acne, excess growth of facial and body hair, and irregular menstrual cycles.
How does Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) cause infertility?
If you have PCOS, your body is producing an excess amount of male hormones testosterone, which is caused by insulin resistance. This inhibits a female's ability to secrete the required hormones needed to ovulate.. Your body may continue to produce follicles but they will not mature due to the lack of insufficient hormones.
These follicles are not large enough for ovulation which causes them to develop into cysts. When you do not ovulate, no progesterone is produced which also causes irregular or the absence of a menstrual cycle. As you can see, when one hormone is off such as insulin in this case, a whole other cascade of events begin to occur.
Can you cure PCOS naturally?
If you are serious about curing your PCOS and are tired of being in discomfort and pain, you will have to make some permanent diet and lifestyle changes.. Since this is a genetic disorder, these changes need to be adhered to or you run the risk of the cysts returning.
1. You need to maintain healthy blood insulin levels.
Too much insulin in your bloodstream is causing an overproduction of androgens which leads to difficulty in ovulating, which results in infertility.. Not all women who have PCOS experience weight gain but it is another symptom of being insulin resistant. When cells in your body become resistant or are no longer able to use the insulin in your bloodstream, glucose begins to accumulate in your system which leads to diabetes.. Weight gain is caused by the insulin converting glucose into fat.
By maintaining a healthy weight and getting your insulin levels checked on a regular basis, you can reverse your infertility caused by PCOS..
2. Managing Testosterone & Regulating Your Menstruation and Ovulation
Women normally produce a small amount of male hormones called androgens but when produced in excess, female hormones such as FSH and LH needed for ovulation are difficult to produce. This is analogous to pressing on the accelerator and brake in your car at the same time.
1. Factory meats and animal products often have hormones already in them so you should avoid these foods or at least limit your intake.. These hormones are stored in the meat and fat. Since your hormones are already imbalanced, you don't need any extra in your diet.
2. Although more studies need to be done on this but I will say this cautiously, you should limit your soy intake as it can interfere with your own natural hormone production.. Soy has estrogen-like compounds in it that can prevent your body from using the estrogen it produces..
3. Eat at least three portions of fresh vegetables each day such as lettuce, peas, and broccoli. Add at least 3 servings of fresh fruits to your diet daily such as apples, pears, and kiwi.. Consume healthy whole grains and complex carbohydrates such as wholemeal bread, macaroni, fish, and wholegrain crackers.
4. Cinnamon is also good to use on your foods. Studies have proven to help a women's sensitivity to insulin who suffer from PCOS.. Old-fashioned oatmeal or steel cut oats seasoned with some cinnamon is something to get you started in the morning.. For dessert after dinner, if you like apples, you can bake apples with cinnamon on them along with some crushed nuts. YUM!
5. If you can spare the extra money buy foods that are organic.. Weed killers and other pesticides used on inorganic foods can lead to imbalances in your hormones..
Curing PCOS naturally can also be achieved by consuming a vegetarian diet.. I know this is tough if you are a die-hard carnivore. It is something to consider. Dairy products also contain hormones in them since they come from dairy cows. So, you shouldn't consume a lot of these foods..
6. Add more: basil ,adzuki beans, chestnut, cayenne pepper, chives, garlic cloves eggplant, ginger herb, kohlrabi, ginger herb, nutmeg, rosemary, turmeric extract, and spearmint to your diet.
7. If you have a lot of stress in your life, consider taking yoga classes. The meditation, inhaling, and exhaling techniques works wonders for stress.
8. Seeking out an holistic professional will help to diagnose your condition correctly to get you the right vitamins and supplements your body needs.
9. Last but not least, engaging in a moderate cardio-exercise program will help you to lose weight and cure PCOS naturally. Your emotional health will benefit as well..
Martha Matthews has suffered from ovarian cysts for years and she has finally found a natural cure for her cysts and they have not returned. Download and get Carol Foster's e-book now to get the ovarian cyst relief you have been looking for. Natural remedies for cysts do work. Get more information here and reverse your PCOS.
Sign in to comment